Each month, you will find a summary of the new features in our CMMS application. This month, we present the offline mode of the CMMS mobile application, which allows maintenance technicians to create tasks and activities on an equipment without being connected.
Who can access the offline mode of the Mobility Work mobile application?
The offline mode is available to all users with a Premium or Ultimate subscription and who use the application on Android. This feature will be available on IOS very soon.
What features are available in offline mode?
Users of the Mobility Work mobile application can access some of its mobile features even when it is disconnected from any internet network:
- create a task on an equipment ;
- modify the created task in offline mode;
- declare the created task as completed;
- create an activity corresponding to the created task;
- add a counter to the created activity and fill in values;
- add spare parts to the created activity and fill in values.
How to access the offline mode?
Accessing the offline mode is very simple:
1. Synchronize your application
Open the left side panel of your application and click on “Offline mode” then on “Synchronize your equipment”.
This action is to be performed before working in offline mode, when network coverage is still provided. We invite you to perform this operation regularly if equipment is frequently added to your network.
2. Scan the QR code of the equipment on which you want to create a task
3. Create the task and then the eventual activity
You can then create a task and an activity according to the usual procedure and fill in values for counters or spare parts.
How do you synchronize the data entered in offline mode?
On the “Offline data” page, make sure that the box “Synchronize when network is available” is checked. The data entered in offline mode will be automatically synchronized as soon as the application reconnects, i.e. as soon as the smartphone or the tablet used finds a mobile or wifi network.